22 July 2015

Soldier Poster Project

As part of my project, I've made up a number of profile posters of soldiers whose lives I've already researched. On the poster is an abbreviated text of what will appear in the final book, as well as a photo of the soldier and any other information or images of interest. If the soldier died while serving, they have a poppy placed in the top left corner of their photo. At the bottom right corner is their battalion patch. If they served at Gallipoli, they have the ANZAC "A" badge on top of their battalion patch.

I am hoping to have these posters placed in the front windows of shops along the main shopping precinct in Stockton. I hope people will find the information interesting and that it will generate interest in the project and perhaps lead to some further information about the men and women involved coming to light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment